Employee spotlight is our blog series where we get up-close and personal (and have some fun) with our favorite team members at Commit Global.
Next one on our list is our Project Manager Yuko Baba.
1. Yuko, how long have you worked at Commit Global?
I have been with Commit Global for a little more than 2 years.
2. What does your job entail?
Handling the US based clients’ projects from beginning to the end which entails gathering project information, creating quotes, handing off, managing resources, running QA post translation and delivery.
3. What do you like most about your job?
Love working with the Commit Global team! The team is awesome, and I learn a lot from my team members.
4. What is the best career lesson you’ve learned so far?
It’s hard to name the best, but “honesty is the best policy”.
5. What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
I always wanted to work with animals especially with dogs.
6. What do you like to do when you aren’t working?
Spend time with my family and go explore. Binge watch Netflix.
7. What’s a fun fact about you many people may not know?
I play drums and shamisen (Japanese string instrument – though I haven’t practiced for a long time). I also hold 3 dan (ranking) for Kendo (Japanese martial arts).
8. Where’s your favorite place in the world?
At home with my family.
9. What is your motto or personal mantra?
10. If you could meet anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
My father. I wanted to learn more about his wisdom of life.
11. Three words to best describe you:
Hopeful Japanese immigrant
12. What is the one thing, you can’t live without?
13. What tv show/movie are you ashamed to admit you love?
Terrace House (a Japanese reality TV show on Netflix)
14. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
15. What is one food that you cannot resist?
Check more employee spotlights here.