Commit Global provides translation services in more than 80 different language combinations. Our language experts work solely in their native language utilizing strict QA procedures and the latest tools to ensure linguistic correctness and accuracy of every translation.
In order to create your quote, we would need you to provide the following:
- Native editable files. To analyze and translate any file we need to be able to edit the text in your native document or files. Sometimes customers send us PDFs for translation; however a PDF is not a valid source file. Instead, this file type is generally used for distribution on the Web and for print. Even though we can work with it, it might lead to additional costs due to the extra formatting required for this type of files. Also, in case you do not have the files at hand at this point and would still like an estimate of the cost, please send us:
- Information on the subject matter of the content to be translated, e.g. technical, automotive, etc
- Estimated volume (in words preferably)
- File format of the file to be translated (e.g. Word, InDesign file etc.)
- Source and target languages (and language varieties, if applicable e.g. French for Canada or French for France)
- Information about your company and/or product
- Preferred deadline. We will analyze the files and provide you with an estimated delivery date however, please let us know in advance if you have certain time limitations e.g. a product launch, a file submission date etc.
- Reference material. Have you performed translation in the past in these languages for this product/content? If yes, do you have any language assets, such as translation memories, glossaries, reference material to be used/referenced?
- Your contact information.
This actually depends on a number of things such as the content, the file type, the language combination and the word count of the document to be translated.
Typically, our translators translate between 1,200 to 2,500 new words per day. A standard A4 page has around 300 words, but some documents (such as contracts) can have up to 800 words. However, besides translation, we need to estimate time for the review of the file by a second linguist and the Quality Assurance that takes place. Also, depending on the file type, there might be other tasks that follow, such as testing in the case of a website or post-translation formatting and final linguistic check in the case of a marketing brochure.
We are often asked about minimum charges for translation. So, what happens if someone has only 30 words to translate?
Minimum charges apply for very specific reasons. Besides the actual translation there are a number of tasks that need to be performed on every request. Our minimum charge rate includes project management, translation, review, proofreading and quality assurance. The minimum charge covers you for about 200-300 words depending on the subject matter of the content to be translated.
We accept the following payment methods:
- Bank transfer
- Credit card
- Bank cheque
The details for all payment methods will be clearly outlined on our invoice.