Listen to Post
Employee spotlight is our blog series where we get up-close and personal (and have some fun) with our favorite team members at Commit Global. Next one on our list is our Project Manager Maria Oikonomou.
1. Maria, how long have you been working at Commit Global?
I have been working at Commit Global as a Project Manager since November 2022 but before that I was an intern for 6 months.
2. What does your job entail?
Preparing and assigning files for translation, monitoring all the workflow steps, communicating with the linguists and the client as well. In general, managing clinical trial localization projects.
3. What do you like most about your job?
The combination of technology and language.
4. What is the best career lesson you’ve learned so far?
I am still learning things since I’ve started my professional career just a few months ago. However, I’ve learned that it is very important not to do things in a hurry.
5. What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
I would be a tourist guide.
6. What do you like to do when you aren’t working?
7. If you could visit any place in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
8. What did you want to be growing up?
9. What is the one thing, you can’t live without?
10. What tv show/movie are you ashamed to admit you love?
11. What are you currently binge watching?
Stranger things for a second time.
12. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
13. What is one food that you cannot resist?
Greek stuffed vegetables called gemista.
14. Pizza or burger?
15. Wine or beer?