Work and partner with us
We are looking for freelancer Localization QA Specialists to collaborate with our team!
- Experience with multilingual text QA
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Writing, copy editing, and/or proofreading experience
- Proficiency in translation/localization suites, esp. Memsource Cloud, including TMs and TBs usage, and the Concordance feature; the purpose will be to make sure to check partial and subsegment matches against legacy translations, non-literal translations, error-prone items, and false repetitions (training to be provided by Commit Global)
- Good notions of desktop publishing
- Quality-oriented attitude
- Strong attention to detail, esp. regarding:
- typographic characteristics (additions/omissions, different punctuation, capitalization)
- common terminology and phrasing consistency in the provided document versions
- Experience working in a multilingual and multicultural environment
- Familiarity with the Life Sciences area will be considered a plus
- Perform multilingual QA of clinical trial-specific content types, namely:
- Check translations available into various languages and for various locales, manually comparing them to legacy content translations to ensure 1:1 exact match or confirm deviation from legacy when the given source text is deviating from the legacy source text
- Check correct use of punctuation and placement/completeness of formatting and other tags
- Use QA tools (Memsource QA, XBench) to check specific instructions have been followed
- Report any issues via used tools for the linguists’ team to re-check/fix/update
- Collaborate with different departments, PMs, QA specialists, and localization quality managers.
Specific training to be provided by Commit Global.
Please note that only CVs sent to email@example.com (Subject: Localization QA Specialist) will be considered. Do not send your applications to other email addresses.
If you are interested in a partnership or a freelance collaboration, you are more than welcome to submit your info or CV. All information and CVs are treated with confidentiality and are replied to. Please bear with us if it takes some time to respond.
As soon as your info/CV is evaluated, our Vendor or Project Managers will contact you.
Please note that only info/CVs submitted through the button below or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Vendor/Freelancer Info Submission) will be considered. Do not send your applications to other email addresses.
The company offers internship programs to senior students of translation institutions. The internship duration is two to three months.
The curriculum may include the following items:
- Translation principles
- Introduction to localization
- Working with various translation/localization tools
- Project management
- Vendor management
The intern’s work is closely monitored by our project managers and linguists, and feedback is provided. Additionally, a certificate of internship is awarded at completion.
Please note that only CVs submitted through the button below or sent to email@example.com (Subject: Internship Request) will be considered. Do not send your applications to other email addresses.
Let's hear it from our interns!
Commit Global is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other legally protected characteristics.
Commit Global has also been awarded the Equality Label for Businesses as part of the SHARE Gender Equality Pilot Program and promotes work/life reconciliation to support employees and their families.
The SHARE Project aims at dealing with traditional gender roles within the family, to promote work-life balance and highlight the role of the fathers within the family in order to encourage them to share equally with mothers the duties of caring for children and for the elderly and weak family members. Learn more about the SHARE program.