Employee spotlight is our blog series where we get up-close and personal (and have some fun) with our favorite team members at Commit Global.
Next one on our list is our CEO Vasso Pouli.
1. Vasso, how long have you worked at Commit Global?
2. What does your job entail?
What one can see: many meetings, finances, new project or initiative launches, internal reorg, client-facing communications, travel to conferences and expos, partnerships. What is behind that: preparation time, running reports, understanding figures, mix and match exercises to see what would fit in where and what would fit in better, reading, studying and evaluating current state to explore and test new possibilities, talk with people and understand where they would be at their best and grow, negotiate and forecast, practice.
3. What do you like most about your job?
4. What is the best career lesson you’ve learned so far?
Be honest while being respectful. Compromise only to the point it does not hurt. Titles are not important; taking responsibility is, no matter the capacity in which you sign. Don’t settle in your comfort zone; change may seem scary and risky, but bubbling yourself in is scarier and riskier.
5. What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
I could think of many things and there are many things I might not have thought of.
6. What do you like to do when you aren’t working?
7. If you could visit any place in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
Everywhere I’ve never been to.
8. What is your motto or personal mantra?
Be happy and complete.
9. Given a chance, who would you like to be for a day?
10. What did you want to be growing up?
A tutor for English
11. What is the one thing, you can’t live without?
12. What tv show/movie are you ashamed to admit you love?
Not really ashamed, but it’s not for my age anymore; The Smurfs.
13. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
14. What is one food that you cannot resist?
It depends on my state of mind, but usually chocolate is my weakness.
15. Any favorite line from a movie, book or song?
Foivos Delivorias, Itan Mia Poli (Epilogos) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRXGSGcOqds) “κι άμα θέλεις μόνο να γκρεμίσεις, σπίτι σου ας γυρίσεις, κι άσε μας εμάς με τις λέξεις που από κάτι αρχίζουν και ξαναορίζουν όσα πολεμάς” which translates into “if all you want is only to shatter, go back home and leave us be with the words that start of something and redetermine what you seek to fight”.