Listen to Post
Employee spotlight is our blog series where we get up-close and personal (and have some fun) with our favorite team members at Commit Global. Next one on our list is one of the newest members of our team, our Project Manager Panos Houbavlis.
1. Panos, how long have you been working at Commit Global?
I have been working at Commit Global since July 2022.
2. What does your job entail?
I manage the full-life cycle of projects for various clients, making sure their needs are met in the best way possible, ensuring adherence to quality standards.
3. What do you like most about your job?
Hands down the daily interaction with people from every corner of the world, coming from different backgrounds and cultures. I find there’s something utterly astonishing in how we are all similar yet so distinguished by our profound differences.
4. What is the best career lesson you’ve learned so far?
Every master was once a beginner, never presume, always make sure to ask a gazillion questions until there’s no ground for misinterpretation, and everyone’s entitled to have a bad day.
5. What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
DJing in festivals around the globe.
6. What do you like to do when you aren’t working?
Spending time with friends and family, reading books, binge watching tv shows/movies, listening to music, and going for a walk.
7. Where’s your favorite place in the world?
Paris with a soft spot for Montmartre.
8. If you could visit any place in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
9. What is your motto or personal mantra?
Spread kindness and laughter.
10. If you could meet anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Peter Paul Rubens so I can watch him paint something.
11. What did you want to be growing up?
Interpreter at the United Nations.
12. What was the last book you read?
”A Little Life” by Hanya Yanagihara for the third time, and “Love Stories” by Trent Dalton (always reading multiple at the same time).
13. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
14. What is one food that you cannot resist?
French fries. And chocolate.
15. Any favorite line from a movie, book or song?
“Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know” – Ernest Hemingway.