Listen to Post
Employee spotlight is our blog series where we get up-close and personal (and have some fun) with our favorite team members at Commit Global.
Next one on our list is our Project Manager Meropi Lambropoulou.
1. Meropi, how long have you been working at Commit Global?
I am currently a Project Manager at the company but I first came aboard as an intern 6 months ago.
2. What does your job entail?
Assisting in management of medical localization projects in various languages, preparing files for translation, managing linguistic assets, completing QA tasks, etc.
3. What do you like most about your job?
Learning new things every day.
4. What is the best career lesson you’ve learned so far?
Since I just started my career, there are many lessons to be learned. But the most important so far is that communicating things the right way is very important.
5. What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
Hmm, I guess I would have been focusing on academic research, specializing in MT systems.
6. What do you like to do when you aren’t working?
I like to spend time with friends and family.
7. What’s a fun fact about you many people may not know?
I learned how to read in theater. I was having a very big role and I was almost 6 years old.
8. If you could visit any place in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
In every place that I have never been to. If I have to choose one that would be Iceland to see the Aurora.
9. What is your motto or personal mantra?
If you can dream it, you can do it!
10. What was the last book you read?
Brief answers to big questions – Stephen Hawkin.
11. What is the one thing, you can’t live without?
My face cleanser. I take it always with me.
12. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
13. Do you have any strange phobias?
Fava beans! I am allergic and always terrified that I will eat them without knowing.
14. Pizza or burger?
15. Wine or beer?
Check more employee spotlights here.