Listen to Post
Employee spotlight is our blog series where we get up-close and personal (and have some fun) with our favorite team members at Commit Global. Next one on our list is our Project Manager Marlena Kaloudi.
1. Marlena, how long have you been working at Commit Global?
I have been a part of the team since September 2021.
2. What does your job entail?
I handle projects from different accounts and undertake linguistic tasks.
3. What do you like most about your job?
Communication in every form gives me great joy. I feel that I contribute in my own way in a global interaction between people and teams, helping them communicate in a way.
4. What is the best career lesson you’ve learned so far?
Be bold but never reckless with other people’s assets. Even when you feel that you are not sure how to solve an issue, don’t linger, start trying different solutions and one of them will definitely work. Invest in people.
5. What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
I would be an architect or a commercial airlines pilot.
6. What do you like to do when you aren’t working?
Swimming and spending time with friends and family (on the beach most preferably).
7. What’s a fun fact about you many people may not know?
I talk to myself very often in different languages.
8. If you could visit any place in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
9. Given a chance, who would you like to be for a day?
Anyone who is completely different that me.
10. If you could meet anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
My late father, to ask him how he managed to raise us and love us without judging or criticizing.
11. What did you want to be growing up?
A teacher like my grand mother.
12. What was the last book you read?
Clementine: The Life of Mrs Winston Churchill for the third time.
13. What is the best piece of advice that you have ever received?
We will cross the bridge when we get there.
14. Pizza or burger?
15. Wine or beer?
Beer in Greece, red dry wine when in France and white wine in the Nordics.