Employee spotlight is our blog series where we get up-close and personal (and have some fun) with our favorite team members at Commit Global.
Next one on our list is one of our newest additions to the team, our Project Manager Katerina Vlamou.
1. Katerina, how long have you been working at Commit Global?
I joined Commit Global about two months ago.
2. What does your job entail?
It entails communication with the customers and translators, file preparation, lots of QAs and deliveries.
3. What do you like most about your job?
Multitasking and facing a different challenge every day.
4. What is the best career lesson you’ve learned so far?
Be as clear as possible when you communicate with the others and don’t hesitate to ask for help.
5. What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
I would do academic research, on interpreting or linguistics, or I would be a sports journalist or a radio producer.
6. What do you like to do when you aren’t working?
Reading books, listening to music, watching series or movies, walking my dog and back in the pre-Covid days, going out with friends.
7. What is your favorite sports team?
Actually they are three, Panathinaikos, Real Madrid and Arsenal, I am a big sports fan.
8. If you could visit any place in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
I would go to Ireland and Belgrade.
9. If you could meet anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
That would be Frida Kahlo, because she was an interesting person and for sure we could talk about a lot of subjects.
10. What was the last book you read?
Blindness by Jose Saramago.
11. What is the one thing, you can’t live without?
12. What tv show/movie are you ashamed to admit you love?
The eurovision song contest, even if I know it is the kingdom of kitsch.
13. What are you currently binge watching?
Brooklyn – Nine nine.
14. What music is on your phone?
Interpol, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Queens of the Stone Age.
15. Any favorite line from a movie, book or song?
Check more employee spotlights here.