Listen to Post
Employee spotlight is our blog series where we get up-close and personal (and have some fun) with our favorite team members at Commit Global.
Next one on our list is one of our newest additions to the team, our Project Manager Eleni Syntila.
1. Eleni, how long have you been working at Commit Global?
I joined Commit Global almost three months ago.
2. What does your job entail?
Our team makes sure that client translation requests are met in the best possible way. I am dealing with quotes and orders from a specific client in the life sciences sector. We prepare quotes and files, we manage projects from start to delivery, ensuring quality standards are met throughouth the process.
3. What do you like most about your job?
The challenge of running multilingual projects as part of a team that exchanges ideas and learns from each other.
4. What is the best career lesson you’ve learned so far?
Well, I guess the best lesson is that we need to be brave enough to admit that we don’t know everything and that it’s always fine to ask for help.
5. What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
I’d love to be a storyteller. In fact, it’s something I am trying to study as much as I can.
6. What do you like to do when you aren’t working?
I play tennis, I go hiking in the nature and I read books when I’m not with friends.
7. Where’s your favorite place in the world?
It’s a local unorganized beach. I love going there even alone, but it’s amazing when I’m there with my favorite people.
8. If you could visit any place in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
I’d love to travel to Latin America!
9. What was the last book you read?
I am reading several books at the same time. Plato’s Lysis, “Aristotle again” by Th. Tassios and The Lost Island by Karagatsis.
10. What is the one thing, you can’t live without?
11. What tv show/movie are you ashamed to admit you love?
“Friends”, most people, including myself, find it silly. But I still love it.
12. What music is on your phone?
A mix of rebetika, Greek music, modern pop, rock and metal.
13. Pizza or burger?
14. Wine or beer?
15. Any favorite line from a movie, book or song?
Check more employee spotlights here.