Employee spotlight is our blog series where we get up-close and personal (and have some fun) with our favorite team members at Commit Global.
Next one on our list is our Vendor Manager Eleftheria Tigka.
1. Eleftheria, how long have you worked at Commit Global?
I have been working at Commit Global for 13 years
2. What does your job entail?
I manage the recruitment, selection and evaluation of external resources for Commit Global by handling the cross-cultural negotiations with vendors and by supporting my colleagues in their everyday work.
3. What do you like most about your job?
I enjoy all aspects of my job, as they involve meeting and talking to people from different backgrounds, cultures and countries.
4. What is the best career lesson you’ve learned so far?
Hard work pays off and if done right it never goes unnoticed.
5. What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
I would be a writer or a psychologist.
6. What do you like to do when you aren’t working?
I enjoy spending time with my family and reading books.
7. If you could visit any place in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
New York, New York!
8. What is your biggest achievement to date – personal or professional?
9. What is your motto or personal mantra?
Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.
10. What would be the title of your autobiography?
11. What did you want to be growing up?
An archeologist, like Indiana Jones.
12. What is the one thing, you can’t live without?
13. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
I’d like to be the Supergirl, described so well by Reamonn.
14. What is the best piece of advice that you have ever received?
A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.
15.Any favorite line from a movie, book or song?
As one long prepared, and graced with courage, as is right for you who proved worthy of this kind of city, go firmly to the window and listen with deep emotion, but not with the whining, the pleas of a coward. The God Abandons Antony (1911) by C.P. Cavafy
Check more employee spotlights here.