Listen to Post
Employee spotlight is our blog series where we get up-close and personal (and have some fun) with our favorite team members at Commit Global.
Next one on our list is our Communications & Quality Assurance Manager Effie Salourou.
1. Effie, how long have you been working at Commit Global?
I joined the company back in 2008.
2. What does your job entail?
As a Quality Manager, I manage the implementation of ISO 9001, 17100, 13485 and the GDPR and handle internal and external quality audits and as a Communications Manager, I plan and execute a marketing, advertising and brand strategy for the organization.
3. What do you like most about your job?
That I get to learn new things everyday. That it requires collaboration but is also quite autonomous.
4. What is the best career lesson you’ve learned so far?
That it’s okay to say “No” sometimes (even though I still struggle with that one!).
5. What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
I would probably be a tour guide, to combine my love for traveling and languages.
6. What do you like to do when you aren’t working?
Travel, explore, Netflix & chill and spend time with my family.
7. What’s a fun fact about you many people may not know?
I have this weird rule that I follow, where I have to motivate myself to do at least 1 new thing (activity) each month (meaning visit a new place, try a new restaurant etc.)
8. If you could visit any place in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
I would say Peru. I have studied Latin American history and literature and haven’t been to South America yet.
9. What is your biggest achievement to date – personal or professional?
My daughter, no doubt about that!
10. What did you want to be growing up?
I wanted to make shoes. Seriously, I have that on tape!
11. What tv show/movie are you ashamed to admit you love?
90 Day Fiancé and all its spin-offs.
12. What are you currently binge watching?
13. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
14. What is one food that you cannot resist?
15. What is the best piece of advice that you have ever received?
Check more employee spotlights here.